Sterling Municipal Light Department
Sterling Municipal Light Department (SMLD) has been supplying innovative utility services to its customers since 1910. Now in its second century of serving the people of Sterling, Massachusetts, the customer-owned utility is introducing Sterling LAMB (Local Area Municipal Broadband), a fiber-optic Internet service that will be built and operated by SMLD. Setting the stage for bringing its customers into the next century, SMLD recently upgraded to a cloud-based IP communications system of its own.
“Our previous phone system was showing its age,” Bill Underhill, SMLD network coordinator. “The idea of a hosted solution appealed to us and moving to an IP-based phone system was important as we wanted something that would grow with us, as well.”
Making the move to a 21st century phone system was easy he said, deciding to stay with SMLD’s technology partner, Partners Technology and a new Mitel hosted solution.
Sterling Municipal Light Department (SMLD) – PROJECT CHECKLIST
SMLD Systems Goals
- Robust System to meet the needs of the business
- Phones that are easy to use
- Move into the 21st century with a cloud-based solution
Partners Technology Recommended Solutions
- Mitel Hosted Voice Solution
SMLD Systems Benefits
- Return on Investment, reducing cost of land lines
- Improved business efficiencies with new system features
- Much easier to add new phones as needed